ISO 22000:2005 Food Safety Management System FSMS
ISO 22000:2005 – Food Safety Management Systems – FSMS is a Management Systems cerification for organisations involved in the production, processing, packaging and transport or distribution of food products.
ISO 22000 is an international standard that specifies the requirements for Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point - HACCP food safety management systems in organisations involved in the production, processing, packaging and transport or distribution of food products. This type of certification is suited to businesses which require international recognition of their food safety management system.
ISO 22000 integrates the principles of HACCP developed by the Codex, Alimentarius Commission and described in Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point - HACCP System and Guidelines for its Application, with prerequisite programs (PRPs), into an auditable management system standard.
Key Principals of FSMS:
• Focus on Food Safety
• Analysis of Food Safety Hazards & Critical Control Points.
• Tracking & Monitoring of Food Supply Chain
• Business Leadership: Helping you and your business
• Information to People about Food Safety
• Process Approach
• System Approach to Management
• Continual Improvement in Food Safety Management
• Database Approach to Decision Making
• Mutually Beneficial Supplier Relationship